Checking on Status of Fingerprint Submission.
Please allow a minimum of seven days before making a status inquiry. Applicants should check first with the agency that requested the background review since the Department of Justice sends results directly to the applicant agency. Requests that require the manual processing of criminal history information, such as those involving pre-1945 cases, also may delay the reporting of results.
24-hour Automated Telephone Service Available: 916-227-2300. If a requesting agency does not have results yet and digital Live Scan fingerprints were submitted, you can use the automated telephone system to check on your submission. You will need the following information: (1) your date of birth; and (2) the 10-digit Automated Transaction Identifier (ATI) number that appears at the bottom of the Department of Justice form requesting Live Scan fingerprint background checks. The ATI number always appears in the following sequence: 1 LETTER; 3 NUMBERS; 3 LETTERS and 3 NUMBERS.
Check on your live scan
24 hour Automated Telephone Service Available
Live Scan and Notary Services
State of California Commissioned Notary Public
Licensed, Insured and Bonded
Acceptable Identifying Documents must be current or issued within the last five (5) years
1. A California DL or ID card issued by CA DMV Temporary ID's are not acceptable.
2. A U.S. passport issued by the Department of the State of the United States.
3. A foreign passport stamped by Homeland Security.
4. A DL or ID card issued by any U.S. state.
5. A Mexican or Canadian Driver's License.
6. A military ID card (must have photo and signature).